About the Signature Discovery Initiative
PNNL's Signature Discovery team has developed a formal process for signature discovery that transforms signature development to become
- More efficient by reducing trial-and-error and decreasing the time to discovery a signature
- More economical by delivering methods and tools that allow users to reuse, rather than reinvent, the resources needed to construct, detect, and validate signatures
- More rigorous by providing robust and well-defined processes for signature discovery
Modern signatures often involve features from many different data types. Signatures are most useful when they are easily interpreted by decision-makers.
- How do we best select features from multiple measurement sources to construct our signature?
- How do we detect signatures in "real world" environments?
- How do we assess the quality of a signature and compare different signatures?
- How do we recognize change and adapt signatures to dynamic phenomena?
- Is this process generalizable across domains?